Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Audio blogging on health care

I'm posting Wednesday's blog post on Tuesday night, because I have to be on the road tomorrow morning by 6:45 AM in order to drive to Lexington in time to teach a 9:00 class on writing personal essays at Washington & Lee. And I just don't have the willpower to yank myself out of bed in time to post before I leave.

This will also be my first audio post. Please do let me know what you think about audio posts in general, or this one in particular.

So here's the post. . .

Speaking of Washington and Lee, Law School professor and health care expert, Timothy Jost, was on Virginia Insight this Monday. In one 3:10 segment, he first called the media to task and summarized all pending health care bills. In my opinion, listening to those three minutes is as profitable a 3-minute investment  of time as one could make in one's current events education. 

If you have an hour to invest, and missed Monday's show, here's a link to Virginia Insight so you can listen now.

3 comments:

  1. I find that a lot of time I am online, I don't want to listen to anything, or I am listening to my own music. I set aside time for audio things, but don't always get back to em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maurerguy. Is your first name Dave, by any chance? M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got around to listening to the show, albeit in fragments and I do appreciate it! Please do offer links to audio material b/c it's often easier for me to get informed via radio than newspaper (for one thing, I enjoy it more). But I can "multitask" around the house while listening to an audio post.

    And I was sad to have missed this show last week, so it was great to follow up on it via your post! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete